When you hit the woods, several hunting gears come in handy and a tree stand is among those items to tag along.
Here are our top picks of ladder tree stands, with the Summit Treestand 81120 Viper SD taking the first slot due to its all-round nature.
The Best Overall
Easiest to Carry
Best Two Man
Best Budget Option
No products found.
Things to Consider While Choosing the Right Tree Stand
Climbing on trees comes with risks. That is why safety stands out as the most important aspect to consider when looking for the best ladder tree stand.
Check the history of the brand of your interest and check the reviews on their quality. It would be an added advantage if the ladder tree stand has extra features for safety such as fall-proof straps.
read.. choose the “right” treestand
Comfort is crucial as it determines how long the user can stay on the stand. Get a wide enough stand like Ameristep 2-Man Ladder Stand, 15-Feet which can accommodate you well. What do customers say?
Considering that you will be carrying the ladder stand from home to the woods and from one tree to another you need one that is easy to carry. Buy a lightweight stand such as the Lone Wolf Hand Climber Combo II Climbing Tree Stand.
Place of use
Different ladder stands suit varying locations. Check the size of the trees that dominate in your area of interest. This will help in determining the appropriate ratchet strap length as well as the height of the ladder to purchase (read.. the perfect hunting tree saddle).
Go for ladder tree stands that can comfortably accommodate at least 250 pounds. This comes with superior comfort and safety (read.. Lone Wolf Climbing Stick Guide).
- Pick the right tree to mount your stand. Ensure it does not portray any damages as it would be extremely risky attaching your stand to a dead or damaged tree.
- Always inspect all the parts of the tree stand to find out if there is any wear or tear. If any, replace or repair immediately.
- Be cautious about the weather especially when it rains as the ladder might get too slippery.
- Ensure that the safety harness is properly done before you start hunting.
- Use a haul where possible to ensure your hands are free to support yourself as you climb.
- Take slow steps while climbing and coming down the ladder.
Hunting for long hours can be exhausting but with a good ladder tree stand, every minute flows by smoothly. The Summit Treestand 81120 VIPER SD takes the crown as the perfect choice for every hunter.
This stand comes in a sturdy construction, spacious and comfy seat, an acceptable price and a low weight (while still holding up to 300 pounds)
It secures you through your hunting session and taking it back home is due to the aluminum construction (20 lbs.) stress-free!
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API