Have you ever attempted to use attractants or scents when hunting deer, only for them to prove ineffective and mark a disappointing end to your hunting trip? The problem might be the deer scent itself. There is a lot of trial and error in deer hunting, and you need the right product.
The fact is that success depends on a host of variables, including your environment, the deer population in the area, and most importantly: the deer scents used.
Deer scents vary; the smell can be too strong or smell off to the deer and repel them further away.
That said, some are better than others, and it is crucial to find what is most effective.
BEST OVERALLcheck price
The following are five of the best deer scents that are sure to improve your chances and fit your every need!
Product Quick Comparison
Choosing The Best Deer Attractant Scent
TINKS #69 Doe-in-Rut Buck Lure 4 oz.
This is the golden standard for deer lures and has the advantage of being contained in a simple, easy to use bottle with a squirt-top. This lure is 100% natural and sure to attract bucks in only a few hours as one of the best deer scents.
- Formulated fresh and exclusively from 100% natural doe estrous urine, collected from living whitetail during estrous cycles.
- Proven effective for pre-rut and rut season use by avid hunters and particularly useful in attracting rutting bucks.
- The formula is quality-controlled and has also been RT-QuIC test certified to prevent contamination and ensure that the product is safe and easy to use.
- The scent of the lure has shown inconsistency between buyers depending on the period when it was formulated
- Scented very strongly, and can be pungent, recommended to use with caution.
Conquest Scents Rutting Buck Pack
Conquest Scents offers a practical, combined package of two scents, EverCalm and RuttingBuck, in their most convenient form. With this product, you receive two sticks of scent for the price of the single pack.
- The combination product provides variation in scent, with EverCalm smelling similar to the bedding area of a deer and RuttingBuck giving off the scent of a buck during the pre-rut and rut cycle
- The stick form of the product is very convenient and shown to be useful in dispersing the attractant
- A sufficient cover that lasts rather than wiping off and allows you to move incredibly close to does that are milling around, making it an excellent contestant when considering the best deer scents
- Not a massive quantity, and may not last for a long time
- Uncertainty whether the conditions are right for does to be effectively attracted, depending on time and place
TINK´S #1 Doe-P 1 oz.
This RT-QuIC tested attractant manufactured by Pat Acquisition is known for its calming effect on deer and comes with a bonus item as well, to further your chances of making your hunting trip a success!
- This scent lure works for all seasons and succeeds in attracting not only bucks but does as well
- It has an effect that encourages passiveness and complacency, and its formula of 100% natural doe urine makes an excellent cover through the scent of a new doe
- Packaged with a bonus mini bomb, which has shown to keep the scent in the air longer through its wicking effect
- Small quantity of product, in a vial of 1 ounce, plus a mini bomb
- The concentrated formula was reportedly more diluted for some
read.. Scent Elimination Device
Code Blue Whitetail Doe Estrous OA1001
This product is ideal for use during whitetail rut and is certified independently to produce an enticing lure that genuinely lives up to its name as one of the best doe estrous scents.
- Claimed to have “true to life effectiveness” and uses urine collected from a doe in heat to be as useful as possible
- A smooth liquid with little to no lingering taste and a neat consistency
- The deer registration number of the single doe used for each bottle is noted for more ethical hunting and preservation
- The item has a shelf life, with old bottles of scent being significantly less effective
- The product has previously been reported as particularly intense, with the scent not entirely diminishing after washing hands multiple times
Top Secret Hot Mama Estrous Scent 3 oz.
The “top secret” product comes in a relatively large, 3 fl. ozs. bottle of estrous scent, sure to bring even the most stubborn buck running.
- Claimed to be some of the most potent estrous urine used and has even been effective in attracting more mature bucks
- The scent lure arrives fresh and works most promisingly at this stage
- Comes in a larger quantity of about 3 ounces, prepares for about 125 applications
- The product does have a shelf-life and begins to degrade after a week or two, with the scent becoming less effective
- Observed by a few buyers to slightly startle deer, however this largely varies based on environment and context conditions
read.. Ozone Scent Elimination
Buyers Guide/ FAQ
A lot of hunters have a preferred deer scent that they swear to be the most effective. But how effective are their “tried and true” lures?
What hunters have seen time and time again is that the most critical factor is the results. It is vital to know how potent a lure is, the quantity supplied, and its actual usefulness as an attractant.
However, an individual tends to learn by observing, so you may want to consider the following FAQ section for more information:
How Is Deer Urine Usually Dispersed In An Area?
There are many techniques when using a liquid scent lure, and one of the most common methods is using a wick that is dipped in the attractant and scraped across the ground to your location.
This is used in trails, and multiple scents can be combined to produce a specific effect.
When Can Doe Estrous Be Used?
Doe estrous is most effective to use before or after the rutting period, when a buck may be looking to attract does.
What Are Other Helpful Tools To Have On Hand?
Some instruments typically used alongside deer lures are scent stick canisters, scent drags, and scent wicks, among others. They are useful to many hunting methods to disperse scent when applying it to specific areas to lure deer.
Please feel free to comment, as we always enjoy hearing from our readers.
Last update on 2021-01-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API