Have you ever wondered which bow would prove superior when comparing the Diamond Edge 320 VS Bear Cruzer G2. If so, you are certainly not alone.
One important note: we tested the bows in real life. Yes – We went and actually send some arrows downrange. The following is a comprehensive look at what we found comparing the Edge 320 with the Bear Cruzer G2.
While many might argue that the Diamond Edge 320 offers superiority in the areas of raw speed and effective let-off, the Cruzer G2 offers a notable advantage in the realm of outright adjustability.
However, there is far more to discuss when making such a comparison...
Diamond Edge 320 RAK Package
Diamond Archery has rocketed to mainstream notoriety within the archery world, at a pace far quicker than most.
Starting in the 1990s as a small privately-owned archery manufacturer, Diamond now operates as a house brand of industry giant, Bowtech.
The Diamond Edge 320 is an extension of the company’s massively popular Diamond Edge lineup.
Bows offered within this platform are known for their immense range of adjustability. True to form, the Diamond Edge 320 features an effective draw weight range of 7-70 pounds, and a variable draw length of 15”-31”.
One characteristic that sets the Edge 320 apart from other offerings within the Diamond lineup is its highly respectable IBO speed.
The Edge 320 is capable of propelling arrows downrange at impressive speeds of up to 320 FPS.
- Draw Length – 15”-31”
- Draw Weight – 7-70 LBS
- Speed – 320 FPS
- Brace Height – 7 1/4”
- Axle-to-Axle – 32”
- Weight – 3.6 LBS
- Effective Let-Off – 85%
- Blazing Fast 320 FPS I.B.O. Speed
- Highly Versatile Draw Weight/Length Ranges
- Impressive Physical Characteristics
- Smooth Draw Cycle and Solid Back Wall
- Basic 3-Pin Sight Is Minimal In Features
- Quiver Mount and Cam-Lock Design Can Be Cumbersome
Bear Cruzer G2check price
Bear has been a mainstay within the archery industry for roughly eight decades, during which time the company has produced some of the most sought after recurve and compound bows (such as the Divergent Eko).
The Cruzer G2 caters to the needs of every archer, as its range of adjustability goes unrivaled.
With a 12”-30” adjustable draw length, and a draw weight range of 5-70 pounds, the Cruzer G2 is well suited for use by everyone from children to adults of every size.
One additional feature of the Cruzer G2 that many consumers will find favor in its ability to be adjusted without the need of a bow press or specialty tools.
Nothing other than a simple set of Allen Wrenches is needed to adjust both draw length and draw weight.
- Draw Length: 12”-30”
- Draw Weight: 5-70
- Speed: 315 FPS
- Brace Height: 6.5”
- Axle-to-Axle: 30”
- Weight: 4.6 Lbs.
- Effective Let-Off: 70%
- Superb adjustability in both draw length and draw weight
- Adjustments can be made on the fly, without the use of a bow press
- Features an extremely smooth overall draw cycle
- Excellent bow for hunting due to its compact, yet rugged design
- Slower than some modern compound bows
- Included tube style peep sight can be prone to breakage of positioning tube
Head to Head Comparison
To provide a fair comparison between the Diamond Edge 320 and Bear Cruzer G2, we must first compare the most prominent features of each bow in relation to one another.
Here is how they stack up.
When comparing the top arrow speeds of the Diamond Edge 320 and Bear Cruzer G2, any difference between the two is minimal.
The Diamond Infinite Edge Pro features an IBO speed rating of 320 FPS, and the Bear Cruzer G2 is rated at an IBO speed of 315 FPS.
IBO Speed Comparison
|Edge 320||Cruzer G2|
|320 FPS||315 FPS|
While 5 FPS is quite a minimal variance, the Edge 320 does take top honors in the category of speed.
Another key point of comparison relates to effective let-off.
The Edge 320 features an effective let-off of 85%, which is superb by industry standards.
Meanwhile, the Cruzer G2 employs the use of a 70% let-off factor, which could be considered relatively average in many regards.
|Edge 320||Cruzer G2|
|85 %||70 %|
The Edge 320 definitely reigns supreme in this category, as a 15% difference in let-off is quite significant.
The Edge 320 and Cruzer G2 are both well known for their extensive range of adjustability.
The Edge 320 features a draw weight range of 7-70 pounds, and a variable draw length of 15”-31”, while the Cruzer G2 offers an adjustable draw weight range of 5-70 pounds, and a draw length range of 12”-30”.
|Edge 320||Cruzer G2|
|Draw Weight||7 – 70 lbs.||5 – 70 lbs.|
|Draw Length||15″ – 31″||12″ – 30″|
In an even comparison, the Cruzer G2 features a greater range of adjustability.
- Trophy Ridge Accessories: It is also worth mentioning that while both bows are offered as fully outfitted packages, those wishing to minimize the need for future accessory upgrades will likely find favor in the Cruzer G2. This bow comes fitted with a full line of quality Trophy Ridge accessories.
- Bow Press Free Adjustment: The Cruzer G2 also requires nothing more than a set of allen wrenches for adjustment. This will likely be of benefit to those without access to a bow press.
- EZ-Adjust label: The Edge 320 comes equipped with an EZ-Adjust label at each limb pocket. This assists archers in keeping track of limb poundage values.
A Winning Choice
The Diamond Edge 320
is for you if:
- You are looking for the fastest bow for the money
- You shoot frequently and prefer a high let-off factor
- You already intend to upgrade accessories in the future
The Bear Cruzer G2
is for you if:
- You require a bow with far greater adjustment potential than most
- You wish to locate a bow that is pre-fitted with high-quality accessories
- You do not have access to a bow press
Please feel free to leave any comments that you might have. We appreciate receiving feedback from our readers.
archery Bear BlackOut Bow Sight Bowtech Compound Bow compound overview Diamond Archery equipment overview Hands-On Accessoires Hands-On Compound Bow Hoyt hunting arrow kids Mathews News News August 2020 News December 2020 News February 2021 News January 2021 News June 2021 News November News October 2020 News September 2020 Obsession PSE Recurve Overview youth
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API