We are happy to announce that we were able to acquire PoorFolkBows.com. A site about making your own bow on a budget. We believe that this will be a valuable addition to our site and really admire the work that Poor Folk Bows has done in the past.
In addition, we would like to thank the team at PoorFolkBows.com for creating such a great resource. We’ll work hard to keep information current and provide even more value for our readers.
In particular, we would like to thank Sam Harper, the original creator of PoorFolkBows.com, for allowing us to republish his truly awesome content!
- Red Oak Board Bow Build Along – Extensive tutorial. If you’ve never made a bow before, this is a good place to start.
- English Longbow Build-Along I – Sam Harpers’ first attempt at an English longbow
- English Longbow Build-Along II – Second attempt at an English longbow
- Bamboo-Backed Ipe Bow Build-Along – Also useful if the belly wood is Osage or bamboo
- Making a Fiberglass Laminated Bow – An extensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Bamboo Recurve Bow Build-Along – Learn how to build a bamboo recurve bow
- Singapore Bamboo-Backed Osage Recurve Build-Along – Learn how to build a bamboo-backed Osage recurve bow
- How To Make a Flemish Bowstring – DIY Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Make Arrows – This build-along did not go smoothly, but you may still be able to learn something or just enjoy the adventure
- How to Make Your Own Knife – Extensive Tutorial DIY
- How to Make a Spine Tester – A Full Tutorial showing how to make a simple and inexpensive spine tester
- Bow Woods – Sams opinion about various kinds of wood he tried in bow limbs
- Purple Heart – Why I hate purple heart
- Finishes – Various finishes
- Glue – Various types of glue used in making bows and arrows
- How To Make a Cheap and Easy Hot Box – DIY
- How to Dye a Bamboo Backed Bow – Two Video Tutorials
- Backings – What can you use for bow backings?
- Reflections on band saws
- How to take Care of your Bow
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Dye a Bamboo Backed Bow
Disclaimer: All pictures were made by Sam Harper and belong to Sam Harper, the original creator of poorfolkbows